Thursday 1 May 2014

Anaface - How beautiful are you?

So I just read about this test that scientists claim can apparently tell you exactly how beautiful you are according to the geometry of your face. I found it whilst browsing through the Daily Mail online and having read the articles and one of the reviews from none other than the devil herself - Samantha Brick, I decided to give it a go. Regardless of loving comments from my bias family, boyfriend and friends, I have NEVER considered myself under the category as physically 'beautiful.' Not even bordering mildly attractive, so I wasn't expecting a fantastic result. I'm a complete and utter martyr for this kind of thing so I decided to torture myself anyway!

First of all you are asked to upload a picture of yourself (cue trawling through my Facebook profile pics trying to find a half decent one). It then asks you to pin point 17 precise markers on your face in order to measure the geometry against 'what you are supposed to look like' i.e. distance from ear to ear, eye to eye etc!

 Here's my feedback: 

You are 7.98 out of 10. Here's why: 
  • Your face has great horizontal symmetry. (not when I smile...)
  • The ratio of your nose length to ear length is nearly ideal. 
  • Compared to your eye width, your innerocular distance is nearly ideal.
  • Your nose is too wide for your face width (knew that) 
  • Your face is too narrow/too long (I always thought my face was too stumpy and square!)
  • Your nose is too wide for your mouth (knew that too - got a small mouth and a massive conk) 

Now I'm not really sure what I think of this. As much as it's flattering - 7.98 isn't bad, in fact I'm very flattered (near enough 8/10 who'd complain at scoring that?!) but what does a computer really know about what is beautiful by a few stupid measurements? I've chosen a nice photo which took about 20 snaps to be decent. Has it measured the spots on my face or my flat hair? My snaggle tooth when I smile? And what's true beauty anyway? Samantha Brick might have been told she's pretty attractive for symmetry's sake, but she's sure to score a 0.1 when it comes to measuring a decent personality - too busy talking about herself and her 'beauty' to give others a thought, a trait which is none too pretty. 

Anyway, I don't like to slam a woman too much! I'll leave the Brick alone now. If you're feeling brave, here's the link to Anaface: http://www.anaface.com/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment